Focus of position is on program development and overall management of Tread Trainer, Tread Lightly!’s volunteer training and national outreach program. This position is directly tasked with the management and implementation of Tread Lightly!’s volunteer training and recruitment program, representing the organization at national OHV and Sportsman’s events, coordination volunteer outreach efforts, coordinating stewardship/volunteer projects, and assisting in growing Tread Lightly!’s brand recognition on a national level. This position is instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Tread Lightly!’s programs and position the organization for continued success. A mix of office and field assignments requires applicants to be available to travel year round without exception. The Education and Training Program Manager will also play a supporting role in the execution of Tread Lightly!’s public awareness campaigns at the state and federal levels.
Education, Experience and Personal Skill Requirements
• Personal passion for responsible outdoor recreation
• Adaptability and ability to deal with a constantly evolving office/travel schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least one year of formal/informal teaching experience
• Ability to lead and also play a supportive role in the team critical
• Preferred current Master Tread Trainer certificate of completion (or equivalent/willingness to obtain Master Tread Trainer certification) and documented training experience in the field
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• High levels of personal motivation and professionalism combined with a sense of humor
• Engaging public speaking and facilitation skills
• Personal/Professional experience with Youth Serving Organizations preferred
• Professional experience with program budgeting and expense tracking
• Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs, be on your feet for extended periods of time, and work in outdoor settings in various weather conditions.
• PC/laptop computer and digital camera proficiency
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance (available after 90 day wait period), and personal and vacation time.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Send resumes and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 24, 2014 5:00pm MST.
Dianne Olson, Assistant Director Email: email@example.com
Tread Lightly! Education and Training Program Manager