2019 Wildcat XX Updates!
- Three-cylinder 998cc DOHC naturally aspirated 4-stroke engine with EFI delivers 130-hp performance, ultra-quick response and maximum durability.
• The wishbone-style, trailing arm rear suspension delivers race-proven performance throughout its 18 inches of travel, with an 80 percent reduction in track width change compared to other designs.
• Double A-arm front suspension features unequal length A-arms for optimal wheel camber through the full 18-inch range of travel, resulting in maximum handling and cornering control.
• FOX 2.5 Podium QS3 gas shocks with BottomOut Control provide quick and easy 3-position compression adjustability, plus precise rebound damping for fade-free, race-proven performance.
• Class-Leading 14-inch ground clearance.
• Race-inspired ROPS cage features V-shaped intrusion bars for the ultimate in rigidity and strength.
• Drive-by-wire throttle technology is matched by a carefully calibrated CVT drive system to provide ultra-smooth acceleration and off-gas deceleration.
• Rapid Response drive and Rapid Reaction driven clutches provide maximum power transfer and instant response to varying loads with minimal friction and wear. Dual CVT air intake system ensures maximum drivetrain efficiency and durability.
• Cast-aluminum 15-in. KMC wheels are custom built just for the Wildcat XX, delivering lightweight, ultimate strength and a signature style.
• 30-inch CST Behemoth tires.
• Front gear case and rear transaxle are specifically designed and built to support the high horsepower and extreme performance of the Wildcat XX. The rear transaxle features and all-gear design, eliminating chain-drive reverse used in other models to allow easy shifts between gears when parked or stopped on inclines.
• Standard full doors are fully finished inside and out. Automotive-style dual mechanism operation features a top-mounted push button entry plus an inside latch lever.
• The driver seat features 6 inches of sliding adjustability, plus tool-less quick-release removal. The passenger seat can be removed via two bolts.
• The curved dashboard focuses 60 percent of the viewing surface toward the driver.
• Plug-and-Play accessory installation is pre-wired with four key switch-based powered accessory connections and four independently fused and switched circuits for fast and easy installation.
• Double-sheer mounted steering and suspension components deliver optimal durability. Large forged-aluminum front steering knuckles with large automotive bearings bring desert racing performance and durability.
• Removable rear cargo box handles a 300- lb. payload and can accept a spare tire up to 32-in. with an accessory fastener mount. The box can be removed for access to the engine in just seconds via four tool-less 3-inch screw mounts.
• Class-leading 4-gallon glove box offers maximum storage options.
New for 2019
• Increase in horsepower to 130-hp, the most of any naturally-aspirated vehicle in its class.
• An all-new seat design for 2019 features a more contoured, ergonomically comfortable shape and revised framing that also increase leg room, plus improved foam and premium fabrics for improved comfort and grip.
• Factory-installed SSV® premium audio system features marine-grade integrated amp, two Kicker® speakers, custom enclosures and wiring harness. The system is controlled with a Bluetooth® controller and LCD display that includes an AM/FM tuner and AUX input. (Limited)
Ride Over Everything
The Wildcat XX from Textron Off Road returns for 2019 as a leader in professional-level, big-bump performance for enthusiasts who want to ride over everything. A custom-equipped Wildcat XX LTD joins the race-winning XX base model for greater side-by-side class supremacy. Both Wildcat XX models are equipped with the ultimate off-road features and technology, including the trailing arm rear suspension, double A-arm front suspension, FOX 2.5 Podium QS3 gas shocks, 130-hp three-cylinder DOHC 4-stroke engine, custom 15-inch KMC wheels and 30-inch CST Behemoth tires.
Born in the rugged race environment of Baja and refined in partnership with off-road racing legend Robby Gordon, the trailing arm rear suspension features massive wishbone-style trailing arms that deliver 18 inches of travel, plus true wheel tracking and predictable handling without unwanted wheel scrub.
It’s matched by a double A-arm front suspension featuring unequal length arms that preserve the optimum wheel camber through its full 18 inches of travel. Dampened by FOX 2.5 Podium QS3 shocks featuring remote reservoirs and simplified 3-position compression adjustability, its a suspension package that delivers the ultimate big-bump control, 14 inches of ground clearance and a significant handling advantage in the most demanding conditions.
Power comes from a mighty 998cc three-cylinder DOHC 4-stroke EFI engine producing 130-hp, ultra-quick response and maximum durability. A standard 65-amp alternator provides ample power for accessories. Drive-by-wire throttle technology helps provide ultra-smooth acceleration and off-gas deceleration. Feeding that power and torque to the ground are the Rapid Response clutches along with a burly front gearcase and rear transaxle featuring electronic selectable 2WD/4WD, front differential lock and easy shifting between gears.
Its race-inspired ROPS cage with added V-shaped intrusion bars brings the ultimate strength and rigidity to the occupant canopy. The industry’s most robust suspension mounts, steering knuckle and front-mounted steering system withstand the pro-level performance Wildcat XX is built for.
The 15-inch cast-aluminum KMC wheels are custom units available only on the Wildcat XX models, with massive 30-inch CST Behemoth tires delivering ultimate traction and performance. Electronic Power Steering (EPS) keeps the steering light and precise.
Additional comfort-and-control features include newfor-2019 bucket seats with upper body supports and 3-point seat belts; full-panel half doors that are fully finished on the inside, plus automotive-style dual mechanism door operation with push button entry; plus a curved dashboard that aims 60 percent of the viewing space toward the driver. Wildcat XX models boast the largest cab in the class, plus it features an adjustable driver seat; and an infinitely adjustable steering wheel; and a new digital gauge that tilts in unison with the wheel.
Class-leading LED headlights and taillights shine extra-bright. The composite 300-lb. payload rear box is large enough to carry a spare 32-inch tire low enough that it won’t block the rear view. Plus it can be removed in seconds via four tool-less 3-inch screw mounts for easy access to the engine.
A massive 4-gallon glove box provides additional storage space, with a standard 12v accessory plug in and an optional USB port. Adding additional electronic accessories is quick and simple thanks to its integrated plug-and-play system with pre-wired and key switch-based connections that are independently fused.
Wildcat XX was also designed for easy serviceability. The engine, rear transaxle, CVT drivetrain, intake and exhaust are combined as a single assembly and can be removed via six easily accessed bolts after simply removing the rear skid plate. Likewise, the front gearcase is mounted in an easily accessible front clip that can be removed via four bolts. Plus tool-less cover latches offer quick and easy access to the drive belt.
The Wildcat XX comes in Bright White with Charcoal Metallic.
The Wildcat XX LTD features extra customization via a premium SSV Bluetooth Audio system with Kicker speakers, half windshield, a marine-grade Bimini Roof featuring a built-in roll-up top with a sun screen for nice days, and aggressive front/rear bumpers. It’s available in Jet Black.
Check out our first ride of the Original XX here!