2015 HONDA PIONEER
We just got finished riding this machine yesterday for the first time. We will have our full report up in a few days. Below is what Honda says about this new fun machine. Yes it is a blast to drive.
With the Pioneer 500, Honda adds a compact, affordable and fun side-by-side to its product line. The steering-column-mounted paddle shifters add to the fun, while the Pioneer 500’s 50-inch width lets it fit on recreational trails with width restrictions, as well as in the back of a full-size truck. And its tight 13-foot turning radius reflects its agile handling. From long-time off-road enthusiasts to new side-by-side drivers, the Pioneer 500 will become an instant favorite.
Features and Benefits
– New chassis with compact dimensions: 102.5-inch overall length and 73.1-inch wheelbase.
– 50-inch overall width allows access to width-restricted trails.
– Fuel-injected engine provides great performance and excellent fuel efficiency in a variety of conditions.
– Five-speed gearbox with reverse and a LOW first gear uses an electric shift system featuring paddle shifters mounted on the steering column.
– Twist-action door release knob opens the door and net together as one unit.
– Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear.
– Large, flat rear carrier offers a load capacity of 450 pounds and multiple hook points for tie-downs.
– Towing capacity of 1000 pounds to take on tough jobs.
– Full line of Honda accessories adds weather protection, storage capacity and expanded functionality.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Hard Roof, Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (Hard Coat), Wind Deflector, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Aluminum A-Arm Guards (Front and Rear), Aluminum Skid Plate, Underseat Storage Box, Cargo Tray, Front Underhood Tray, Winch, Winch Mount, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount, Plow Blade, Draw Bar, Hitch Ball, Work Light, Work Light Accessory Harness, Accessory Sub Harness, Back Up Alarm, Back Up Alarm Wire Harness, Horn Kit, Horn Kit Wire Harness
Honda Signature Accessories
Fabric Roof/Rear Panel (Black and Camo), Bimini Top (Black and Camo), Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (Optical Grade), Storage Cover, Rubber Floor Mats, Rear Cab Net, Rearview Mirror, Fabric Doors (Black and Camo), Fabric Rear Panel, Cab Frame Cargo Bag, Rear Luggage Bag (Large and Small), Cargo Box, Light Bar, Auxiliary Lights, Light Bar/Auxiliary Lights Wire Harness, Flag with Mount, Side Mirrors
Model: Pioneer 500
Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 92.0mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 36mm throttle body
Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Electric-shift five-speed with reverse (First gear is L = LOW)
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Independent double-wishbone with pre-load adjustablility; 5.9 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 190mm discs
Rear: 200mm hyrdraulic disc
Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 24 x 10-12
Length: 102.5 inches
Width: 50.0 inches
Height: 72.4 inches
Seat Height: 28.7 inches
Ground Clearance: 9.6 inches
Wheelbase: 73.1 inches
Turning Radius: 13.0 feet
Towing Capacity: 1000 pounds
Payload Capacity: 450 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons, including 1.1-gallons reserve
Colors: Red, Olive, Yellow, Honda Phantom Camo
Curb Weight*: 1010 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.