PELL CITY, Ala. (March 30, 2008) — “Perfection” was the word of the day for Dustin Wimmer swept both AMA Pro ATV motos Sunday during the FMF Spring National at Millcreek Raceway. In so doing, the Center Valley, Pa. native’s record remains perfect in ITP Tires/Moose Racing AMA/ATVA ATV Championship Series.
Wimmer (No. 191 Team MSR/Suzuki/Yoshimura/Pro Taper)–who won the first moto earlier today, as well as the two motos in Round 1 in California–started fifth in Sunday’s contest, but quickly crawled through the field, taking the lead from ATVRiders.com Holeshot Award Winner John Natalie (No. 13 Can-Am) on lap eight.
From there, Wimmer checked out from the rest of the field, taking the victory. Doug Gust (No. 44 Team Rockstar/MSR/Suzuki/Yoshimura/Pro Taper) was second. Josh Upperman, in his first start this season riding the No. 20 Honda, was third.
“This is great,” said Wimmer, who also netted the Ti Lube Top Qualifier Award earlier today. “This has just been a dream weekend. We were fast all weekend and my hat’s off to Team Suzuki for all of its efforts.”
Wimmer said he looks forward to Round 3 in two weeks at Ballance Moto X in Bowling Green, Ky.
“I like Kentucky,” said Wimmer. “It’s a little tight, but we’re going to make it work.”
The next race for the ITP Tires/Moose Racing AMA/ATVA ATV Championship Series is scheduled for April 12-13 at Ballance Moto X in Bowling Green, Ky.
PELL CITY, Ala. (March 20, 2008) – Results of Sunday’s ITP/Moose Racing AMA Pro ATV Motocross Championship at Millcreek Raceway (Showing finishing position, rider, bike number, bike brand, hometown and moto finishing positions):
- Dustin Wimmer, 191, Suzuki, Center Valley, Pa., 1-1.
- Joe Byrd, 7, Honda, Union City, Tenn., 4-3.
- Doug Gust, 55, Suzuki, Salem, Wis., 6-2.
- Josh Upperman, 20, Honda, Louisville, Ohio, 9-4.
- Jason Dunkelberger, 19, Honda, Trevorton, Pa., 8-6.
- Harold Goodman, 708, Honda, Brownstown, Mich., 7-7.
- Jeremy Lawson, 16, Can-Am, Battletown, Ky., 5-9.
- Keith Little, 12, Kawasaki, Spruce Pine, Ala., 10-5.
- Chad Wienen, 44, Suzuki, Galena, Ill., 2-18.
- John Natalie, 13, Can-Am, Houtzdale, Pa., 3-19.
- Cody Miller, 22, Greenville, Texas, 11-11.
- Thomas Hager, 215, Suzuki, Flaherty, Texas, 14-10.
- Jasmine Plante, 91, Yamaha, Notre Dame, Quebec, 18-8.
- John Ragon, 98, Honda, Milan, Tenn, 15-12.
- Rocco Arno, Jr., 101, Honda, Bridgeton, N.J., 12-15.
- Russell Shumaker, 68, Kawasaki, Bristol, Wis., 16-16.
- Richard Pelchat, 46, Can-Am, St. Romuald, Quebec, 20-13.
- Pat Brown, 199, Yamaha, Pittstown, N.J., 19-14.
- Greg Gee, 10, Can-Am, Simcoe, Ontario, 13-20.
- Josh Creamer, 9, Kawasaki, North Stonington, Ky., 17-17.
Moto 2 and overall winner Dustin Wimmer (center) shares the podium with Moto 2 runner-up Doug Gust (left) and Joe Byrd, who finished third in Moto 2.