Yamaha Expands Proven Off-Road Lineup for 2022
Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, announces the majority of their Proven Off-Road ATV and Side-by-Side (SxS) vehicles for model year 2022, highlighted by the new high-performing, extremely capable Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport, based off the best-in-class RMAX 1000 platform to further redefine the recreational SxS segment.
Every Yamaha SxS and full-size ATV for the world is built with pride and Assembled in the USA at Yamaha’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Newnan, Georgia, which recently reached a historic manufacturing milestone, celebrating its 4-millionth vehicle produced. The 2022 models unveiled today include:
- New 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport
- 2022 RMAX2 1000 and RMAX4 1000
- 2022 Wolverine X2 and Wolverine X4
- 2022 Viking and Viking VI
- 2022 Grizzly
- 2022 Kodiak 700 and Kodiak 450
- 2022 Grizzly 90, Raptor 90, and YFZ50
“The Wolverine RMAX 1000 is redefining recreational off-roading by providing unmatched comfort, capability, and confidence-inspiring performance,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s motorsports marketing manager. “This year, we’re expanding the Wolverine line with a new RMAX2 1000 Sport variation with added user-benefits, including another level of suspension adjustability for personalized handling and performance.”
2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000: The Ultimate Off-Road Adventure Machine
Wolverine RMAX 1000 models radiate dominance, powered by an advanced 999cc twin-cylinder engine housed in an optimized chassis built for next-level capability, extreme terrainability, and remarkable rigidity in two- and four-seat configurations. Power and engine braking in the RMAX 1000 can be tailored for a variety of off-road situations with Yamaha’s D-Mode in LE, XT-R, and Sport models (pre-wired and available as a Yamaha Genuine Accessory in RMAX 1000 R-Spec versions) via the Yamaha Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system. Yamaha’s D-Mode offers three power delivery settings to match the driver’s mindset and trail conditions: “Crawl” for smooth throttle control and full engine braking in slow-speed, technical driving situations, “Trail” with linear throttle response for a fun, relaxed ride with full engine braking, and “Sport” with a quick throttle response and optimized engine braking for an overall aggressive, fast-paced experience. To further match each unique terrain and driving style, all three D-Mode settings utilize the RMAX1000’s full engine power and 8,500 rpm redline.
The new 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport brings a whole new level of performance to sport-minded drivers, featuring new adjustable FOX 2.0 shocks designed to deliver quality damping feel at higher speeds, without sacrificing low-speed comfort. The new shocks include 24 clicks of high- and low-speed compression adjustment, dual springs, and a crossover coupling for adjustable pre-load, offering a sportier handling feel with increased high-speed bottoming resistance. The RMAX2 1000 Sport retains its best-in-class 13.8-inches of ground clearance, 14.2-inches of front, and 16.9-inches of rear suspension travel for ultimate capability in nearly any terrain.
In addition to new sport-inspired color, graphics, and seat cover design, the RMAX2 1000 Sport dons a “square” tire setup (same size front and rear) with new 30-inch GBC Terra Master 10-ply rated radial tires for versatile riding options and rugged durability. Featuring a unique asymmetrical design with each side different than the other, the Terra Masters offer contrasting ride and handling characteristics, depending on the setup. “Side A,” the stock setup, offers a larger void ratio with horizontal lugs for soft to intermediate terrain, increasing forward acceleration and enhanced braking. “Side B” offers a smaller void ratio with circumferential grooves for improved grip in the corners and a greater contact patch on intermediate to hard off-road surfaces.
Further Wolverine RMAX2 1000 enhancements include new 14-inch cast aluminum color-matched beadlock wheels on Sport and XT-R models – the first factory-installed beadlock wheels on a Wolverine – for a unique, durable, and functional design with aggressive styling. RMAX 1000 XT-R vehicles now have the factory-installed SSV audio system, with second-row speakers added to the RMAX4 1000 LE versions (R-Spec and Sport models are pre-wired for the Yamaha Genuine Accessory audio kit), and the RMAX4 1000 R-Spec now comes with a suntop.
Additional 2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000 Features:
- Ultra-reliable Ultramatic CVT transmission backed by an industry-exclusive Yamaha 10-Year Belt Warranty.
- Yamaha’s rugged On-Command system with 2WD, 4WD limited slip, and 4WD full-differential lock.
- Yamaha-exclusive Speed Management System (pre-wired on all RMAX 1000, standard in RMAX2 1000 LE and all RMAX4 1000 models), seamlessly limits the vehicle’s top speed to 25 mph by simply turning a removable key, making it ideal for work sites and other specialized operating conditions.
- Yamaha Adventure Pro dash-mounted and fully-integrated on XT-R and LE models, yet lockable and removable for maximum exploration and adventure sharing (pre-wired on R-Spec and Sport models).
- Heavy-duty WARN VRX 4,500-pound winch factory-installed on XT-R and LE versions (prewiring and mounting points on R-Spec and Sport models).
- 3-way adjustable FOX QS3 (R-Spec and XT-R models) or iQS (LE models) shocks mounted to wide-arc A-arms for high-quality damping and maximum clearance.
- Yamaha’s exclusive torque- and speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS), providing light-effort steering, balanced feedback, and precise steering-character to further reduce vibration and driver fatigue.
- Comfort-focused automotive interior with industry-exclusive soft-touch points.
- Bright LED headlights, marker lights, taillights with class-exclusive reverse lights, and interior lighting, including backlit switches.
- 2,000-pound towing capacity via a standard 2-inch hitch receiver.
- 600-pound-rated bed capacity with easy-to-operate automotive-style tailgate.
- Hydraulic piston-assist dump bed for optimal utility use on two-seat models.
- Simple-to-stow full-size rear seats on RMAX4 1000 vehicles allows versatility for expanded cargo or passenger capacity.
- 30-inch square tire setup on two-seat models and 29-inch staggered tire setup on 4-seat models, all set on 14-inch wheels, minimizing pinch-flats and maximizing off-road capability and durability.
The 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 R-Spec is available at Yamaha dealers nationwide starting at $20,699 MSRP in a new Armor Grey / Yellow, with the RMAX4 1000 R-Spec starting at $22,699 MSRP. The Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport is available in a new Team Yamaha Blue at $22,599 MSRP. XT-R Editions are available in a new Tactical Black / Carbon Metallic with Maxxis Carnivore tires, a heavy duty WARN winch, FOX QS3 shocks, and a stylish paint and graphics package starting at $23,899 MSRP. LE models are available in a new Matte Silver with all XT-R upgrades, plus FOX iQS shocks and the factory-installed stereo system starting at $24,399 MSRP.
2022 Wolverine X2 and Wolverine X4: Proven, Practical, Stealthy Recreational Trail-Exploring Machines
The 2022 Wolverine X2 and Wolverine X4 deliver superior handling, especially on tight, technical trails, combined with Yamaha’s legendary Real World Tough durability and reliability. Smooth, ultra-quiet power comes from an 847cc twin-cylinder engine, along with Yamaha’s Real World Tech including the proven Ultramatic CVT transmission backed by Yamaha’s unprecedented 10-Year Belt Warranty, Yamaha’s On-Command System with 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with full differential lock, and Yamaha’s exclusive EPS.
Additional 2022 Wolverine X2 and X4 Features:
- 27-inch GBC Dirt Commander radial tires with eight-ply rated construction for increased ground clearance, traction, and durability.
- Independent double wishbone suspension with anti-sway bar offering 8.7-inches of travel in the front, and 9.3-inches of travel in the rear. Wolverine X4 models are also equipped with self-adjusting rear shock absorbers.
- 2,000-pound towing capacity via the standard 2-inch hitch receiver.
- 600-pound-rated bed capacity with an easy-to-operate automotive-style tailgate.
- Yamaha Speed Management System on select trim levels (pre-wired for all Wolverine models).
- Pre-wiring for Yamaha Adventure Pro, WARN winch (on non-equipped models), and additional accessories.
- Hydraulic piston-assist dump bed for optimal utility on two-seat models.
- Simple-to-stow full-size rear seats, allowing for expanded cargo or passenger capacity on 4-seat models.
All Wolverine X2 and X4 models receive a suntop and XT-R Editions are now equipped with a center rearview mirror. Further XT-R trimmings include a WARN VRX 4500 winch, high-quality graphics, painted Tactical Black / Carbon Metallic bodywork, and fully-adjustable KYB piggyback shocks with spring preload, rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping – now even upfitted to Wolverine X4 R-Spec vehicles. The Wolverine X4 XT-R retains the advanced self-leveling rear shocks to provide a plush ride, as well as help maintain optimized ground clearance based on the terrain and cargo.
The 2022 Wolverine X2 and X4 R-Spec models are available in Armor Grey / Yellow and Realtree Edge starting at $14,899 MSRP, and XT-R Editions in Tactical Black / Carbon Metallic starting at $16,499 MSRP.
2022 Viking and Viking VI: Hardworking and Dependable Utility, Farm, and Ranch Hand
Yamaha’s Viking and Viking VI SxS vehicles are value-packed with Real World Tough durability. The Viking line is equipped with Yamaha’s reliable and powerful 700-class engine. Combined with a comfortable and confidence-inspiring ride in its class-leading cab with room for three to six people, Vikings are the toughest and hardest-working utility-based SxS vehicles that are also fun to drive.
2022 Viking and Viking VI Features:
- Ultra-reliable Ultramatic CVT transmission backed by an industry-exclusive 10-Year Belt Warranty.
- Yamaha On-Command System with 2WD, 4WD limited slip, and 4WD full-differential lock.
- Yamaha’s speed- and torque-sensitive EPS.
- 1,500-pound towing capacity via the standard 2-inch hitch receiver.
- 600-pound-rated bed capacity with an easy-to-operate automotive-style tailgate.
- Hydraulic piston-assist dump bed with a rugged rubber cargo bed mat for added convenience and durability.
The Viking and Viking VI will be available in Tactical Green with a suntop starting at $13,899 MSRP or Realtree Edge starting at $14,299 MSRP. 2022 Viking and Viking VI Ranch Edition models now feature the RMAX 1000-style center rearview mirror and are available in a Copper Metallic painted bodywork with color-matched interior, under-seat storage, cast aluminum wheels, comfort-grip steering wheel, overfenders, center rearview mirror, rear grab bar, and distinct Ranch Edition badging starting at $14,599 MSRP.
REALize Your Adventure and learn more about the new Proven Off-Road models at YamahaOutdoors.com, or by visiting your local Yamaha dealer. For more information on the Yamaha 10-Year Belt Warranty, including model eligibility and guidelines, visit Yamaha10YearBelt.com. Connect with Yamaha on social media via @YamahaOutdoors or search the following hashtags on all platforms: #Yamaha #RMAX1000 #RMAX2 #RMAX4 #WolverineX2 #WolverineX4 #YamahaGrizzly #Kodiak700 #Kodiak450 #YamahaViking #VikingVI #Grizzly90 #Raptor90 #YFZ50 #ProvenOffRoad #REALizeYourAdventure #AssembledInUSA #Yamaha10YearBelt #YamahaLIVE